Many gardeners known tomato Sanka. This variety has a lot of positive qualities, including unpretentiousness, good yield and resistance to adverse growing conditions. Below in the article will be described the properties of the variety, especially the cultivation and reviews of gardeners who have already grown it in the garden are given.
Description of the variety of tomato Sanka
Tomato of the Sanka variety was bred in Russia and included in the state register in 2003. Recommended for cultivation in the Central Black Earth region. Tomato Sanka is an ultra-early variety, ripening in about 80 days from the date of emergence. And if you take the southern regions - then 70-75 days! This is a low-growing tomato, popular not only in Russia, but also abroad. Shrubs of deterministic type, standard, grow up to 60 cm, but more often below. Inflorescences are intermediate.
Tomatoes grow small, in a greenhouse up to 200 g. In the open ground, the mass rarely exceeds 80 g. The shape is almost round. The color of the smooth, elastic peel is rich red. The ribbing is weak. The flesh is fleshy, juicy.
Photo varieties of tomato Sanka
Characteristics of tomato SankaRead also these articles.
- Grafting apple tree
- The best varieties of tomatoes for open ground
- Flower Ryabchik Imperial
- Fodder corn (fodder)
For excellent characteristics varieties Sanka gardeners and love this tomato. What are its advantages and are there any disadvantages?
- The harvest is marketable - it is a success in the market.
- Transportability is good, the variety can be transported over long and short distances, the main thing is to pack correctly.
- Tomato Sanka shows resistance to fairly low temperatures, so it can be planted in a permanent place much earlier than other varieties.
- It can be grown in the greenhouse due to the fact that even low light is enough for ripening fruits. Also, it is often planted just in open ground.
- There is immunity to the most common diseases inherent in tomatoes and resistance to the effects of certain pests.
- These are delicious tomatoes with a dry matter content of up to 5%.
As you can see, the characteristics are very good. Of the disadvantages note that the variety does not like drought, but this is a property of any tomato.
Features of growing and care
Manufacturers and those gardeners who have already grown Sanka tomatoes claim that the variety is unpretentious. However, a good harvest depends on proper planting and proper care. In the case of Sanka, a seedling method is used. In open ground seedlings can be planted from the beginning of April, and in the closed - from mid-March.
On a square meter area up to 5 bushes are located, but 3-4 is better, so that the roots have room to grow. Between the rows leave 30-70 cm of free space. Before planting, the ground is dug up, leveled, comfortable holes are made. In each hole it will be appropriate to put a little wood ash and mix with the soil.
Photo of tomato seed SankaImportant! Despite the resistance of the variety to cold weather, if you plant a tomato Sanka too early, the sprouts may die during a cold snap. Therefore, many gardeners at night and in the case of frost, cover them with a film or other insulating material, and the ground beneath them is mulched.
Now, about the care of tomatoes Sanka.
- Watering is carried out regular, abundant, so that the earth does not dry out - this is harmful to the root system.
- After watering, when the water is absorbed, it is desirable to loosen the earth with a hoe, so as not to form a crust.
- So that the water does not evaporate quickly from the ground, you can mulch the beds or aisle.
- In order for the bushes to grow properly and give a lot of harvest, it is sometimes necessary to remove the excess shoots.
- Garter is optional. You can grow without it, but more often gardeners still tied bushes to pegs or a trellis just to make it convenient to “serve” the bush and harvest.
- As weedy plants appear, they must be uprooted and burned off-site.
- Fertilizing a tomato is carried out with complex fertilizers before flowering 1-2 times under the root.
- If pests and diseases have appeared, which is very rare, fungicides or insecticides can be used until the fruit blossoms and ripens. In the rest of the growing season it is better to use folk recipes.
Yield varietiesWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The best varieties of cherries for the Moscow region
- Coccidiosis in rabbits
- Growing melons in the open field
- Growing parsley from seeds
The yield of tomato Sanka average and not all gardeners like it. However, together with other, more productive varieties, it is grown very often. The reason why it is chosen is unpretentiousness and unsurpassed taste! Maturation is usually friendly. After the tomatoes are ripe, you can begin to harvest. With normal care, up to 15 kg of crop is harvested per square meter - from a bush it is about 4 kg.Important! Due to the presence of dense peel, Sanka tomatoes do not crack when canning in the whole form.
Tomato varieties are well stored in the refrigerator. They are eagerly bought up on the market. The use of universal, suitable for canning, juicing, dressing for borscht. If you want to plant a variety again next year, you can take a couple of the most beautiful tomatoes and collect seeds from them. Since this is not a hybrid, they will be the ideal planting material, the main thing is to collect them from healthy cultures.
Photo harvest tomato Sanka
Reviews of Tomato Sanka
The opinion of those who have already dealt with tomato variety Sanka is very important for young gardeners. The experience of people in this matter is very important, because the cultivation of crops takes a lot of effort, time and money.
- Elena Boyko: "Sanka Tomatoes are very good. I grow it for canning in whole form. They don't crack in a jar, you open it in winter - it tastes excellent. It is an unpretentious variety in leaving, it almost does not cause problems. In my memory for 3 years I have never treated for diseases! ".
- Evgeny Svyatsets: "An amazing variety. I feed up to 3 times during a season to increase yields. If the climate is good, the weather is not wet in summer, then they grow like yeast and produce a big crop - there is enough for sale. I use drip system for irrigation - it is convenient for large areas - that's basically all my care. "
- Maria Zelenova: “Only once in 5 years of growing on tomatoes Sanka noticed a phytophtora. She treated it with Strobi, of course the bushes outwardly suffered a little, but less than other varieties and it was pleasantly pleased! The quality of the fruits is excellent - dense, tasty, as in the picture” .