Floribunda rose - an interesting type of roses, common on many continents. The culture responds to the right care with beautiful, bright colors that it gives during the warm season. Almost all varieties of floribunda are characterized by frost resistance and are not afraid of pests, diseases, hence their popularity and widespread prevalence.
What are Floribunda roses?
Floribunda is a hybrid bred by breeders. To get it, a huge number of crosses of known types of roses were made. The main difference between the hybrid - juicy color of buds and long flowering.
Bushes can be of different heights, but always compact, so the places on the site are not much. Foliage saturated green color. The leaves are typical for roses, medium size. Now, about the Floribunda rosebuds. Some features are characteristic of them:
- size may be large or medium - small flowers for the species are not typical;
- there are more than 100 colors and they always depend on the variety;
- flower shape is similar to hybrid tea roses;
- Buds are terry, semi-double or simple.
Floribunda RosesRead also these articles.
- Dutch radish varieties
- Raspberry Transplant in the Fall
- Description of rabbits of breed Rizen
- Grape diseases
The popularity of the flower is very high, although care at home is not very simple. But on the right care responds lush flowering and abundant, green foliage. What are the most popular varieties of this type of roses?
- "Kimono" gives a peach color. The buds are very large, similar to the flowers of tea rose. The bush itself is small, fits well in any landscape, looks beautiful in combination with hydrangea and roses of red and white colors.
- "Deutschevelle" has a very rare color of buds - purple. Their size reaches 10 cm in diameter - they are large and very beautiful. Bushes are large, can grow from 1.5 meters or more. The variety is unique in that it is easy to care for, it withstands significant cooling and is resistant to diseases and pests.
- "Nikolo Paganini" is recommended for beginner gardeners. Gives lush inflorescences - up to 12 buds on each. Petals have a velvet surface, the color is saturated scarlet. Bushes grow within 80 cm, compact, with lush foliage.
- "Masquerade" - a type of rose that can change the color of the buds, whence the name. The color changes throughout the warm season, with the future shade difficult to predict. The buds have a diameter of 6 cm or less, their initial color is orange-yellow, and the border of the petals is coral.
- "Pierrot" produces large, double flowers of blood-red color. Flowering lasts all summer. They usually do not fade in the sun, in any case, they do not completely lose their saturated color. The bushes themselves grow within a meter and have a rich, deep leaf color.
How to propagate Floribunda roses?
Floribunda Rose Saplings
For reproduction of Floribunda roses, ready saplings (bushes) are purchased or the cutting method is used when there is a mother plant. Cutting is not a big deal, but it needs to be done according to certain rules.
To begin with, several cuttings 8 cm long are cut. Pagons are cut to 0.5 cm above the bud. The thickness of the branch selected for grafting should be like an ordinary pencil in width. The lower cut is made at an angle of 45 degrees, and the top - at a right angle. Thorns and leaves are removed.
Roses FloribundaImportant! The places of cuts (pagons and where leaves were removed, thorns) are necessarily treated with preparations containing phytohormone.
To cut the roots you need to plant them. For this, preparing a place with good land. In the soil they make holes up to a depth of 15 cm. The depth of planting of the cutting itself is 4 cm, not more. The distance between the sprouts is 15 cm. Plantings are covered with a film. From time to time they are watered, aired, loosened the ground, and fertilizers are applied to seedlings. Such cuttings should grow in one place up to 2 years, and then transplanted to a permanent place.
Soil and landing siteWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Raspberry variety "Reward"
- What is a nucleus for bees
- Watermelon Chill
- Melon collective farmer
Soil for planting
The first thing you need to decide before buying floribunda rose saplings or digging up grown bushes obtained by cuttings is the place and soil for a permanent planting.
- Land for planting should be in the penumbra or in a sunny place, where at midday there is a thick shadow, as the constant sun just burns the delicate leaves and petals of buds. If the bushes are planted near the house, then it is better to choose the western wall or the eastern, but certainly not the southern and not the northern.
- The best option soil - sandy-clay. The ground should be loose for better breathability. If there is a shortage of air to the roots, the buds will not be bright. Heavy soil can be diluted with humus or sand.
How to plant Floribunda roses?
Always the best, strongest seedlings are purchased or selected for planting. Ideally, they should have no more than 3 shoots - durable, flexible, without any damage and a good root system, without rotting foci, cuts, breaks. Before planting a bush, it is worth cutting off the shoots to a height of 35 cm from the root system, and cutting the roots by 25-30 cm, and cutting the cuts with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
Planting time is in spring (from April to the end of May) or autumn (from mid-September to mid-October). Land for planting is well digged, loosened, fed with fertilizers (phosphorus, compost, humus).Interesting! If there are very strong winds in the region where the plot is located, it is worth planting floribunda rose bushes near a natural or artificial fence to protect them from the wind, otherwise they may fall before they take root.
Planting floribunda roses can be 2 main methods.
- The pit is digging, 60 cm wide and depth depending on the size of the roots. Fertilizer is put on the bottom and dug up with the ground (to reduce the concentration). After that, one person puts a sapling in a hole and holds it, and the second straightens the roots and sprinkles them little by little with the ground. It now remains to condense and pour the earth, and then provide the plant with quality care at home.
- The second option involves planting only one florist, in contrast to the first option. The pit is dug 60 cm wide and 30 cm deep. A solution of water, sodium humate and heteroauxin is poured into it. Now you need to put a seedling in this solution (in the pit). One hand holds a sapling, and the second - sprinkle it with earth. In conclusion, the seedling should be darkened for the next 10 days.
How to care for roses?
On the painstaking care depends on the future color of the buds and their number, so here everyone chooses for himself. If the care is carried out to the floor, the bush will grow green, lush, but the buds will give little, and if you take care regularly and efficiently, the bush will repay the most beautiful flowering and become a real decoration of the garden.
- Water the rose regularly. Watering should be abundant, as the water of this culture is very important. For this plant, the soil is always kept wet. Watering is carried out in the early morning or in the evening, so that the drops that fall on the leaves will not burn them under the scorching sun. In spring and summer, watering is needed regularly, but by the fall they are reduced so that new pagons do not start growing.
- Top dressing bring separately or together with watering from the second year of growth approximately 5 times a year. Mineral substances for roses are always introduced in limited quantities, and organic - carefully, especially manure, which can easily burn sensitive roots or young pagons in the root zone. Experienced flower growers recommend adding minerals diluted in water along with irrigation, and simply throwing organic matter around the bush around the ground. As watering or rains occur, they will seep into the ground and be absorbed by the culture.
- Pruning is done about once a year, in the spring, to update the twigs and remove all the bad ones. On the bush after pruning leave about 3-5 twigs. They are usually cut dry, diseased, thin pagons, and leave strong, resistant, which will give a lot of foliage and buds. To stimulate the growth of the remaining shoots, you need to shorten them to 4-5 buds.
- To prevent the earth from crusting, it is constantly loosened after irrigation and at the same time the weeds that appear are removed.
- In winter, the bush is trimmed to 40 cm from the ground, all the leaves are torn off, and the root zone spuds up to 20 cm and is covered with fallen, dry leaves. If the winters in the region are harsh, it is worth making a covering frame of wood or mesh, and pour dry foliage over it.
Floribunda rose is a unique ornamental plant, pleasing the eye throughout the warm season. She has lush foliage and large buds with a wide variety of colors. It is not difficult to breed and care for her, so growing up this beautiful woman in the garden gives you a lot of pleasure.