Carpathian breed of bees, or "Karpatka" is almost universal breed. It is bred in various regions and types of terrain, as it quickly adapts and is highly productive. The features of the breed, its advantages and disadvantages will be described in detail in the article.
What is the difference breed?
Breed known since 1961. It is very popular primarily in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus. Gradually spreading also in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, Cyprus. Selection of the Carpathian bees is carried out by specialists from South Korea and China. Many subspecies were obtained in Ukraine by local breeders.
Uterus with working bees
Pasechniki easily distinguish the breed from any other, for beginners this is a more difficult task. The color of the chitinous cover of the bee is gray with an ash tint. The proboscis of working bees has a length of 6.3-7 mm. The average weight of ephemera is 105 mg; non-fetal uterus - 190 mg; fetal uterus - 200 mg. The uterus per day can, under favorable conditions, set aside from 1,800 to 3,000 eggs.
What are the features of honey collection?Read also these articles.
- Azalea - varieties, care, breeding
- Growing onions on a feather
- The most common diseases of cucumbers
- Feeding cabbage seedlings
The main advantage of the breed is the readiness to work from early spring. Even with poor honey plants they can collect a lot of nectar. But, in addition, they take the nectar of different sugar content. These features are valued primarily in the northern regions, as well as in arid, semiarid areas. Can pollinate plants in open areas or in greenhouses, pavilions.
Features of honey collection
Honey bees of the Carpathian breed are of high quality and excellent taste. During the season you can collect up to 50-80 kg from a family! Can pollinate different plants, including beans, peas. They are not afraid of transportation, so the beekeeper can take hives to even the most remote fields and plantations. Honeycomb bees are built fairly quickly, but propolis is practically not given.
What are the features of behavior?
In terms of behavior - this is probably one of the most peaceful species. Bees behave exemplary. During the inspection, the evidence is quietly waited while sitting on the framework; smoke is never used for this. Especially prized is the fact that they are practically not prone to swarming, especially with proper beekeeping.
These are independent bees. For breeding do not need any special equipment or additional work. You only need to know the basics, technology and have the typical tools of the beekeeper.
Advantages of the Carpathian breedWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Sprouting potatoes
- The benefits and harm of peach
- Begonia flower
- The best fruit varieties of tomato with a description and photo
The Carpathian breed of bees during its existence has been tested according to many criteria. Beekeepers from around the world talk about the universality of the species and its merits. What is so good about Karpatka?
Carpathian bees are distinguished by high productivity of honey and wax.
- This species is inferior to many others in terms of winter hardiness, and yet bee colonies after wintering are usually very strong, full of energy. Although this quality largely depends on the duration of winter and care from the beekeeper.
- Rapid spring growth of the family is celebrated anyway.
- They can successfully propolish their own homes, but only in the northern areas. In the south, propolis is practically not produced.
- In comparison with other species, the Carpathian is an early bee.
- They are distinguished by high productivity of honey and wax.
- Honey has high quality and good presentation due to white "dry" seals of honey.
- With swarming, with proper care, the propensity is weak.
- Resistant to diseases, pests.
In addition, beekeepers note that Carpathian bees have very calm behavior. They attack only as a last resort, are obedient, hardworking, do not get angry without a reason. Therefore, with proper care and behavior of the beekeeper, there are no problems with the breed.
What are the disadvantages of the breed?
The disadvantages are relatively few. They very rarely complain, the reviews are almost always positive. And yet there are several flaws, characteristic of the mind, but knowing about them, the beekeeper will be able to prevent the problem in time.
- It is important to keep an eye on families. If the bribes are small, the workers start working on the brood. Sometimes it is useful, sometimes not. Therefore, the beekeeper must control this process, otherwise a maximum in a month the hives will be crowded with bees.
- In conditions of extreme Siberia, they can not survive the wintering. Nevertheless, it is recommended to breed them in warmer regions.
- With the content of bees in the northern regions may be an increase in anger. Most likely, this is due to low temperatures.
- In the southern regions, hives should be installed in the shade, since their productivity increases only in coolness. If the bees are very hot, their performance will decrease dramatically.
- The Carpathian breed of bees is somewhat prone to theft.
- The beekeeper needs to closely monitor the health of the hive. The bee is resistant to many diseases, but for example, it cannot cope with wax moths.